Hello readers, how is your week coming along. Mine has been okay so far, but the week seems to be dragging on quite a bit. I normally love checking out restaurants most evenings, however it’s been a lazy, chill on the sofa week so far..or as they say it..a Netflix and chill week. This ultimately means I have to cook or I starve basically, and while I love cream crackers,
I think we can all safely say that crackers and white rum evenings might just deduct a few seconds from my lifespan, so making dinner seems to be a more appealing proposition. The dinner in this case being a fried rice recipe I got from my older sister ( Lami). So here goes
2 cups of Basmati rice
2 cups of Stock or water
1/2 diced onions
Half a cup of Mixed vegetables ( I got mine from tesco)
Chicken Knorr cubes
Chicken stock pot
4 tablespoons of oil
1) Rinse the rice multiple times in water, drain and parboil the rice for 10 mins in stock/water
2) whilst the rice is boiling, sautéed the onions in oil for a 2 minutes, add the knorr cubes, followed by prawns and then the mixed vegetables. Let it fry for 4 minutes.
Feel free to add some chicken strips as well
3) Add the parboiled rice to the mixture, ensure you mix well, add a drizzle of soy sauce and the stock pot.
4) cover the pot with aluminium foil, stir every 5 minutes, letting it cook for about 20 minutes.
5) This dish goes well with Salmon marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder , left in 200 c oven for 20 minutes.
Dinner is served
There goes my evening. Hope you have a nice one as well 🙂